Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rustic Winter Inspiration

Hey Y'all! I am finally back from my long vacation in Tennessee! I had a great time with Daniel and family, enjoyed the Opry at the Ryman, and even rang in the New Year Downtown Nashville! I couldn't be more excited for what 2012 holds; naturally tons of great wedding inspiration here on Life of a Vintage Lover but it is also our wedding year 2012 brides! Woo-hoo! Kicking the year off right is a gorgeous rustic winter wedding inspiration from McGowan Images and Meg B Designs.












From the designer, Meagan Bechtel of MegB Designs:

"My idea for this shoot was really simple – I wanted to convey a beautiful winter wedding scene, without being overtly Christmas or using any holiday cliches. I tried to stick with a few basics – neutral colored china and linens, antiqued silver and mercury glass, various sizes of pinecones, and just a few touches of bright red. We were so lucky to be granted the use of a local Christmas tree farm, which was the perfect backdrop for this scene. When I’m designing, it’s helpful for me to think of what I what I already own, what I can probably borrow, and what I might be able to source cheap, or second-hand. That’s pretty much the basis for my philosophy: beg, borrow, or thrift. I guess my point is, you don’t need a lot of money to set up a fabulous-looking event, or table-scape. We did two table settings, a desert station, and styled a bride and groom, and did it for cheap - my final total for this shoot was less than a hundred bucks: $20 for the whoopie pies ingredients, $20 for the florals/materials, $15 for 5 yards of cotton muslin to recover the chairs cushions/cloth napkins, $10 for a few well-priced Goodwill finds, and about $20 for the candles, peppermints, cranberries, and rock salt. As I did on my own wedding day, I trusted McGowan Images to capture this shoot the way I imagined it. We talked about wanting it to feel wintery, but at the same time, warm and sun-drenched. That's the kind of Christmas you get in Central Texas. I think the images turned out even better than we were hoping for, and I hope they help inspire a cash-strapped bride to think outside the box for winter wedding design."


Compliments:
Style & Design: Meg B Design
Source: A Low Country Wedding
Photography: McGowan Images

No comments:

Post a Comment