Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Potted Wedding Cake

My Aunt Linda is an interior designer with PHENOMENAL style! As a child, I knew I never wanted anything more than to be like her, and to this day I feel that she has been a great inspiration and helped light the design flame inside of myself! She recently shared with me a fabulous take on traditional wedding cakes! It is perfect for a spring or summer wedding and also combines a little DIY and easy wedding favors, woohoo!

Here's the idea: Instead of a traditional wedding cake use cupcakes. Place each cupcake (wrapper and all) in little clay terracotta pots. Decorate the pots as you like, try ribbon or small garden tags with your monograms! Finally, arrange pots on a tiered stand!

This is a fabulously simple idea and what makes it even better; guests can take home their own little terracotta pot as a wedding favor! Talk about budget-savvy, be sure to check out Dollar Tree for bulk orders!


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.cupcakes in bakersfield

    ReplyDelete